Sunday, April 17, 2011

Website: http://www.guadalajaragrill.us/

Helen and I spent a night on the Riverwalk and went walking to find somewhere different to eat.

We found the Guadalajara Grill in the heart of La Villita, and we loved it!

The atmosphere was cozy and neat:


The service was exceptional. Very friendly staff and more than one person waited on us (I hate it in some restaurants when waitstaff ignore your pleas for assistance when you're not "their" table!)

The menu was chock full of Mexican dishes that I'd never tried before (and I LOVES me some Mexican food!)

The prices were NOT "Riverwalk prices". Very affordable!

The waiter/manager/owner (not sure which, 'cuz everyone was so helpful!) recommended the Oaxacan mole chicken. Now that's NOT chicken meat with mole meat. It's mole sauce, with an accent over the 'e' in 'mole'. Unfortunately, I don't know how to insert accent marks in this blog.

Anyhoo, you know what I mean. Here's what it looked like for the 30 seconds before I attacked and devoured it:




The sauce had some chocolate and sesame in it. Sounds funky, but it was friggin' AWESOME!

I highly recommend you go there. You won't be disappointed.









I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

No comments: